Thursday, December 29, 2011

9 weeks

  I haven't been the greatest about updating my blog. For the last couple weeks I have been super busy with work and the holiday season. We had a wonderful Christmas spent with our families. Of course I got some cute baby gifts like this one modeled by Zoe:
  If you know me you know I LOVE elephants!!!!! I have my first OB appointment tomorrow. It is with a nurse practitioner who I believe will just take a health history and get me established with the clinic. I am not sure, but I think it is to early to hear the heartbeat with the external doppler, but Brian is going to come with me just in case :)

  As far as I can tell things are going well, but then I hear stories of people who miscarry around 8 weeks and they don't find out until 12 weeks. I try not to worry, but it kind of just creeps in. I know once I hit the 12 week mark I will have a big sigh of relief and really start to enjoy it all! I continue to feel pretty good. I have notice I am more tired (if that is even possible :) ) and I have trouble brushing my teeth. I always brush my tongue when I brush my teeth which has never been a problem. These days however, it may or may not elicit a gag reflex and if I gag, I tend to spend quite a few minutes of slow breathing and swallowing :) My stomach still gets upset at times and I have food aversion, but I would not say I have nausea. My co-workers think that I may get lucky and not get morning sickness.

  I plan on putting up belly pictures when I get one, but for now I remain flat. I saw my cousin at Christmas who is 24 weeks pregnant and she had the cutest little belly! I do have to take a minute to say how wonderful Brian has been to me. He is always good to me, but lately have been doing so much to make my life easier and I cannot thank him enough. He does ALL the housework and just little things to make sure I don't have to do much. Words cannot express how blessed I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment