Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Doctor appt

 Brian and I had a good doctor appointment on Friday. We met with a nurse practitioner that we had not met before and she was really great. The bulk of the appointment is going over family history, talking about genetic testing options, and education about early pregnancy. It was too early to hear the heartbeat so she didn't even try with the doppler.

  The nurse practitioner listened to our story about our struggle to become pregnant and how it almost didn't happen. I was telling her I am kind of a worrier, especially about miscarrying, but it is just because of all we had to go through to get to this point. Although they don't usually do an ultrasound at this point, especially since I already had an early one, she said we deserve one. I told her we didn't need to do one, especially since it was Friday and we would probably have to come back next week, but while I was getting my blood drawn she asked the ultrasound tech and she was able to do it. I am so glad we did too! We got the most incredible pictures:

  It looks like a little baby now! The ultrasound tech was laughing because the baby was moving its arms and legs all around like it was dancing and waving. She said she loves these ultrasounds because they look like a little gummy bear. We love our little gummy bear!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh best picture ever!!! So sweet. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Jackie, I'm so incredibly happy and excited for you. You deserve this happiness. I know it was a long stressful road getting to this point, and you're still going to worry. It's only natural! Just try to relax as much as possible for you and for baby and enjoy the ride! =) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete