Friday, March 30, 2012

The Room


  We have been busy working on our little girl's room. We bought the crib before we knew what we were having because we knew we were going to go with white furniture. Once we found out it was a girl, it didin't take long for us to have the bedding all picked out. I had narrowed some bedding down for each a boy or girl before we found out so it was easy to pick once we knew. For those of you who don't know me very well, I LOVE elephants. I knew I was going to do an elephant theme!!! We got a great deal on ebay which included a few extras (the mobile, rug, lightswitch plate, and some wall decals).









   Brian was really excited to paint the room. Unfortunately, the pictures don't show the color well, but we matched the yellow of the bedding as the paint color. He did a fantastic job! We are going to accent the walls with the pinks, whites, and oranges that are also in the bedding. My friends have been busy thinking of artwork ideas! We still need to purchace a dresser/changing table combo. My friend is loaning us her very comfortable rocker, and my mom is going to try and repurpose a small nightstand that my grandfather made. I found a really cute lamp at Home Goods that has a white base and the shade the pink of the bedding. There is a white ribbon around the top andI am going to glue a smaller orange, bright ribbon around the center of the white ribbon for added color.


  Remember that great deal I told you we got on the travel system in the last blog? Here are the pictures:                  

        

     I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE feeling our little girl move. Some days she moves more than others, but the days she is really active is so fun. I feel her most of the time when I am laying down. I can feel her moving around and occasionally a kick or two. Brian has not yet been able to feel her, but I hope he will get to soon!


1 comment: