Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Showers



Don't mind the lack of makeup and crazy hair
 
 I am a little late on posting this picture as I am close to 34 weeks, but I thought I should get it up here. I had to laugh because I was going back to save some of these pictures to print out for the baby book and boy was I small when I thought I had a belly :) I have my 34 week doctor appointment on Thursday. I can't believe I only have a little more than 6 weeks left! I am more excited than nervous. I was RSVP'ing to another baby shower today for July 31st and I had to say I would make it unless this little one comes early. I am still feeling pretty good for the most part. My foot swelling seems to be a little better which is very surprising for this hot and humid weather. I do notice my left ear tends to hurt when I am laying down and goes away about 30 minutes after being up. I am sure it is related to extra fluid, but I will ask at my doctor appointment. Another thing that is kind of funny is my fingers get numb and tingly sometimes. I read in one of my baby books that is normal and is related to excess fluid...who would have thought? Sleep is the once thing that has been super difficult. I toss and turn trying to find comfortable positions and then wake up several times to pee. Brian has even been doing some sleeping in the basement because I have been keeping him up. I told him to not get to used to it - this will not be a permanent situation :)

 Two weekends ago I was blessed to have two beautiful showers! The first shower was thrown by my lovely sister-in-laws: Jane and Julie, and also my mother-in-law. Brian's side of the family is very large and they have always been so accepting of me since day one. I know people have a lot going on in the summer and it was so heartwarming to see all these people make it. I got TONS of gifts and everyone spent WAY, WAY too much money. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful "in-law" side of the family!! I am bummed I didn't get any pictures, but everything was set up so cute and the food was wonderful!



Me with wonderful hosts! Notice the "P" for Paityn

 My other shower was thrown by my very best friends, Maija and Erika. I knew they were going to go all out, but they really did go above and beyond all my expectations. The decorations were adorable. Maija owns a cricut (sp?) and they did some a lot of the decorations by hand. The girls were hot on the trail of pinterest and a lot of their food ideas came from there. Here is some of their creations, just to mention a few: Cake pops, a cake that was appx 4 tiers and each tier was dyed a slightly darker shade of pink, individual taco dip in martini glasses, cheesecake fruit dip, and these fantastic baked sandwiches. I do have to give a shout-out to Erika' sister Amanda who did a lot of the cooking too!!! They also came up with some fun games. One game had my mom picking picture and then numbering them. The goal was to see who could guess the age and the most would win. I only got two right, two and they are of me!!The other game was a fun memory game and guess the baby food. This shower was thrown for friends and family and I was so touched at the amount of people that showed up. Again, everyone was WAY too kind and spent WAY too much money! Here is  a picture of some of the wonderful decorations and food: 

I got some really cool presents at this shower including: The baby bullet (you can make your own baby food), my rocker (which I LOVE!!), a huge gift basket containing a ton of different stuff (and my Courtney and Nini even got some of my guy friends to go in on it) bottles, blankets, bath toys, etc. Lots and lots of useful things!!!!


Erika helping me keep track of all the gifts


Some good friends: Molly, Nini, and Courtney - Love them!!!

 I had just a blast at both showers and cannot express enough how I feel so lucky to have had all this love from everyone! I know there are a lot of people looking forward to seeing baby Paityn!


No comments:

Post a Comment