Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sick and pregnant...booo

     I am lucky, I don't get sick very often. In fact, I believe I have not been sick in over a year - even with a little cold. Unfortunately, it was my turn to get sick and it sucks. What has started with a scratchy throat has turned into a full blow cold with sneezing, hacking, and tiredness. Instead of writing this post, I should have been at work tonight; however, when pregnant cold medicine is a "no-no." Usually I can take a couple of Dayquill and feel just fine. I decided that my co-workers and patients would not like me to "share" my germs.
      Usually I would just be stubborn and go into work anyways, but I took the night off for this little girl. I want to get better for her. I feel terrible that I am sick. I have been trying to do the "right" thing all pregnancy for her. I even feel bad when I have an O'douls, but this is out of my hands. I know people say I am not getting her sick, but I feel so guilty, like I am. I figure if I am not healthy, either is she. I am not sure if it is a motherly instinct or just me being a freak. All I want is the best for her! Here's to hoping I get over this cold soon and we back to both being healthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment