Thursday, September 13, 2012

So Big!!!

   I can't believe that Paityn is already two months old. In fact, as of today, she is already 9 weeks. The time goes by way too fast. I often find myself looking at the calender and counting the days I have left with her before I go back to work. I know I need to just enjoy everyday and not think of that, but it is hard. I do love my job, but I love spending my days with her too. At least I will not be going back full time!!

  My mom and I took Paityn to get her 2 month well baby check-up on Wednesday. I was anxious to see how much she has grown. I was astonished when they told me she weighed 11lbs 8.8 oz! She was only 7lbs when she was born!!!! She has also grown 2 1/4 inches (she is now 22 1/4 inches long). Her weight fell into the 60 percentile, her head circumference fell into the 50-75 percentile, and her length is 25-50 percentile. The doctor said she was doing good and was healthy. She did get her shots which were no fun. Brian said he was glad he didn't go because he would have been angry at the person giving her the shots. I don't like to see my little girl hurt, but I understand the need for the shots so it didn't bother me. She did cry when she got them, but only for a few minutes. She didn't seem to have much of a reaction. We gave her some Tylenol in the evening just because we figured she would be sore, and she was a little fussy the next day, but all in all did very well! I hear it is the 4 month shots that tend to be much worse!



 The fertility clinic sent out a letter looking for statistics. I need to send them the birth record and they request a picture for their baby board. I remember when I was upset about only having the one two-celled embryo (look at that face, how could I be upset about that!!!) Dr. Corfman said something to the effect of we had embryos that were in much worse shape and they are now on our baby board and in 9 months this one will too. Although I sent them a birth announcement, I figured it is too big and am going to send a 4x6. The problem is there are so many cute photos I have trouble choosing. Brian said to tell them that she is the cutest one!!!

I just love being a mom!!!
Pretty Girl!



























   Paityn has been so much fun lately! She smiles a lot now and they are not the half-hearted smiles, they are the big toothless grins! I absolutely love to see her smile, it just melts my heart. She still has the dimple on her right side that always shows when she smiles too! She is starting to track objects, although it is slow. She does try and find people when she hears their voice. She is "talking" a lot more. Sometimes she just talks without prompting, sometimes it is when someone is looking at her, and sometimes she will mirror you if you talk to her. The doctor asked if we had heard a squeal yet, and we haven't but she said around 2-4 months they will start!



There is that big smile!



    It has been fun trying new things with her. This week I got out the bumbo chair. She does pretty good in it and seems to enjoy it. She hold her head up for quite awhile before she tires and leans forward. She still loves her activity gym and plays in it several times a day. She can grab an object when you put it in her hand, but does not reach for one or put it in her mouth yet. 



Bumbo time


        Although I do not want the time to go fast (mostly because that means I am closer to work), I am looking forward to the next few weeks. On September 23rd we are going to have Paityn baptized. She will be baptized in the same church by the same pastor that married Brian and I. Also, she will be wearing my baptism gown. I had a lady I work with remove a bow and create a new bow using fabric from my wedding gown. I am really happy with how it turned out and can't wait to take pictures. The last weekend in September we are going to go to an apple orchard that has a lot of things for kids. Although I know Paityn can't do any of the activities, I am really excited to get some pictures!


 Below I posted side by side pictures one month apart.....it is amazing to see how much she has already grown and changed!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment