Monday, November 7, 2011

It's the little things

  Wow, I am really blessed. Sometimes it is the little things that really make your day. I have had so much support throughout this whole process. The other day in the mail I got a card from my cousin (love you Randi) just because she is thinking of Brian and I and wishing us well. It is the co-workers who help out so all my work is done or come in early to make sure I can get to my appointments; co-workers who are also busy with their own work who don't hesitate to say they will watch my patients so I can go and give myself injections. It is my wonderful husband who wraps his arms around me when I cry for no reason (that seems to happen sometimes with these lovely hormone injections) and thanks me for being strong enough to go through this. And it is my two wonderful best friends who have been with me through this whole process even before I started the infertility doctor, supporting, a shoulder to cry on and bitch, calling,  and now...know all my ultrasound dates and often call me before I can call them to see how everything went (I don't know what I would do without you Maija and Erika! Love you girls so much!). I feel a lot of love from so many people.

  I just got word on the plan today. I am going to give myself two more shots at 0130 on Tuesday. These shots are actually shots that will make me ovulate in 40 hours. The doctor wants to get to me before I ovulate, but he needs this to help so the eggs with be easier to extract. On Wednesday, Brian and I will go in @ 1230 for the egg retrieval. I will have conscious sedation and Brian will be in waiting room that has a video feed so he can see what is happening. I am not sure how many follicles will be mature resulting in eggs to fertilize, but the more you the have better the chances of them lasting for the 5 days, which make the outcome of a successful implantation and resulting pregnancy higher. I am hoping for the best, but am trying not to worry as I can't change anything. Depending how things look, and how many eggs fertilize, the plan is to put two eggs back into me on Monday the 14th. That gives you the highest chance of one taking. I am really hoping they will be able to do this, but again one day at a time!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh boy jack... i just read your posts and it brought tears to my eyes. You are such a strong woman and i am so proud of all you are going through. I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats because you are the best Jackie!! You deserve all the love you get!

    ReplyDelete