Thursday, August 23, 2012

6 weeks old!

  Wow, time has gone so fast. I can't believe that Paityn is already 6 weeks old. It does not seem like she should be that old yet. I have already seen so many changes in her and I look back to those first pictures and I wonder where my little girl has gone.


The pacifier used to engulf her face


Now her cheeks engulf the pacifier.















 
 I find myself looking at her at night while I am feeding her and getting emotional. How did that one 2-cell embryo bring me this beautiful little girl. It seems so unreal. I feel so fortunate to have been able to experience pregnancy, her kick, move, etc and now look at this beautiful little person. I get to hold her in my arms and call her my daughter. It is so amazing, overwhelming, and beautiful!

  By the end of the first month Paityn has been eating every 2-3 hrs around the clock. She eats between 2-3 ounces at a time. She sometimes gets fussy when eating, which has been a little of a challenge, but we are starting to figure her out. She has this fake cry that she does......but it doesn't fool us. She can get really mad at time and it takes a bit to calm her down. She is my little drama queen. When she doesn't want the bottle or pacifier she will gag it out!!!

  She loves walks, car rides, stretching, music, being snuggled and being bounced. She loves her pink rattle. She hates getting dressed and being cold. She is not a fan of the swing or the bouncy seat yet. She often likes to be held while she sleeps :)

  She makes all kinds of faces that are too cute. She also makes these funny noises when she can't quite get a sneeze out that always makes her dad and I laugh!!! She has already grown out of most of her newborn pajamas :( and is onto size 1 diapers. She is very strong and since very early on could lift up her head and control it.

Paityn's "ohhhhh" face


  I products I have loved have been the boppy pillow, activity gym, moby wrap, sound machine, rocking chair!!!

 














 She is starting to smile, although most of the time it is not a "true" smile. She often does sleep smiles....

Sleeping smile :)


  At 5 weeks during tummy time, Paityn rolled from her stomach to her back! I was so impressed. She can do it pretty consistently now, that is when she is in the mood :) The hair on the top of her head fell out, but her hair on the sides and back is really starting to fill in. She likes her baths, which we give her about 2-3 times a week. She likes to play under activity gym and it appears she is starting to notice things more. She can't quite grasp, but she does swing her arms around. She is starting to eat about every 3-4 hours at night giving mom a little more sleep :)

  I just love being a mom. I can't believe I only have 6 weeks of maternity leave left. Although I know she will be in great hands with my mom, I just hate to leave her. She is so precious to me that I want to be with her all the time. I don't want to miss anything! I hope little Paityn knows how much we love her and how much of a blessing she is to us.

1 comment:

  1. She is getting so big! What a cutie.They grow WAY to fast!

    ReplyDelete