Friday, December 21, 2012

5 Months

Wow, I can't believe that I am actually writing that she is 5 months. I know I say this every month, but it is just so amazing how the time does fly. I can remember back to this time last year and just telling people I was pregnant. I was excited, but wary because I was so early. It is amazing how in just a few short months my life would change forever. My mom wrote in a baby shower card something to the effect that my life will never be the same, it will be better than imagined and boy is that so true. It is so amazing the love you have for your child. I knew I would enjoy being a mom and would love my child, but I never thought I would be so absolutely in love with her. I cherish every minute I get to spend with her. Looking back about 5 years, my idea Friday night would be going out and having some drinks. Now don't get me wrong, I still like to have drinks from time to time, but it is amazing how things have changed. My idea of a great Friday night is having a glass of wine and enjoying being with my family. Being with my husband and daughter who I would do anything for! Life really is beautiful!


Look at how she has grown!





 



     I took Paityn to see santa. My friend Maija set us up with the "Santa Experience" at the Mall of America. I am telling you, that is really the way to go. You have to make an appointment way in advance, but by making an appointment you avoid the lines. I just read on facebook that someone took their baby to go see santa and they had to wait in line for 2 hours. With the santa experience, you show up for your appointment and I think we waited about 5 minutes. I know some people have commented that this santa is a little "creepy" (he is, I do have to agree), but he is really good with the kids, especially ones that are toddler age and a little wary. Paityn did fantastic and we got this really great picture!


   We had a really fun time at Mall of America. It was just fun to be pushing Paityn around in the stroller, she was so good!  I met my friend Maija and her two girls there and my friend Erika came with me. Maija and Erika are my two very best friends and we don't get together nearly enough, so it was so fun to get to spend time with these girls. I have talked about my friend Erika's journey with infertility here, and it breaks my heart to know what she is going through. She just did her 4th round of IUI and unfortunately it was unsuccessful. Her and her husband are going to take a little time off as Erika has gotten a promotion and will spend some time focusing on her new job. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I know it is hard for her that we don't hang out as much, but she is a strong woman and an incredible friend! Like I said, time with these two is precious and they are the best friends a girl could ask for.

    After we all saw Santa we attempted to do lunch. Lunch with a 2 1/2 year old, 15month old, and 5month old is a little tough, but we thought if we went to the rainforest cafe it would keep them entertained. 3 adults and 3 highchairs later and it was a salvageable disaster! They liked all the fish and the animals, etc, but about every 10 minutes these 5 large gorillas come to life and move and make noise. The first time it happened, Austin, the 2.5 year old started to cry. Maija picked her up and instantly the 15 month old started to cry. Paityn was tired and hungry so she was crying to. So here are the three of us, each holding a crying child trying to calm them down. You couldn't help but just laugh!!!! They got used to the gorillas and Paityn fell asleep and we were able to eat lunch, but for a minute there I thought we were going to have to just get up and leave!

  I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. I look forward to celebrating Paityn's first Christmas. I know she is blessed and going to get way more toys and clothes than she needs, but it is going to be so much fun. Santa will be visiting our house (I know she is too young to know), but I just love all the magic surrounding Christmas!




Had to add this picture, it is just too cute!  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment