Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Milestones

   We have had a couple of new milestones in the Hime family over the past week and a half. The weekend before the holidays, Paityn slept through the night for the first time. And when I mean sleeping through the night she did it from 7:30pm to 7:15am! She had previously slept until around 4am a couple of times, but for the most part she had just been getting up around 2:00am to eat. Even after we introduced oatmeal, which so many people swear by that got their kids to sleep through the night, she would get up. Brian and I were both amazed! Yes, I did check the monitor a couple of times and even once staggered into her bedroom to listen to hear breathe. I did sleep better than I usually do, but my body is still so much in light sleeping mode that I wake up several times through the night. After the first night, Brian asked if I thought it was just luck or if she was onto something. I told him surely it was just luck and it wouldn't happen again. Sure enough, the next night same thing! We were both overjoyed and very well rested! I thought for just a minute that this might be the new norm....WRONG! She has been getting up later to eat, around 3:00-4:30. Sometimes she goes back to bed, sometimes not for a few hours. The other night Paityn was awake at 4:30 and very stuffy. I know she hates having a stuffy nose because it scares her to not be able to breathe. I don't blame the little girl. I got up with her and took her downstairs to play for a little. I thought to myself, I may be up at 4:30 in the morning, but I sure am lucky to have the chance to even get up with my little girl. She eventually took a really long morning nap and mom got some sleep too. The holidays had her sleeping schedule all screwed up and she gets VERY fussy when she is tired, but I am sure after a few days of getting back "into the swing of things," she will be a little happier!

 The other milestone Paityn has conquered was that of rolling from her back to her tummy. She has been able to roll from her tummy to her back since she was 5 weeks old, but now she FINALLY was able to get over onto her tummy. We brought her home on Christmas day and we were winding down for bed when Brian told me to come quick. We both watched her finally get all the way over. She has been trying really hard for weeks, but never got all the way over. Since she has rolled over that is all she wants to do. She has a little harder time going to her left onto her tummy and will get frustrated, but since the first time last night, she has rolled over like 6 times! What is really funny is she wants to crawl in the worst way. She pulls with her hand and moves her butt up, but just can't. She get so frustrated and just get all out pissed! She won't even attempt to roll onto her back, she will just keep trying and trying to crawl. I have just been rolling her back onto her back for now, but I hope she can go both ways smoothly soon. I bet before we know it she will be crawling.

  With all this being said I know the time is coming soon when I will have to break the swaddle. Right now she is just sleeping better and I hate to see what it is going to do when she is no longer swaddled. Some kids love it, some hate it. She loves it! I just hope that when I do there won't be too many sleepless nights! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment