Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Benched

Ugh! Another setback. I have been benched. After every cycle they do a baseline ultrasound. The reason for this is to see if any residual cysts are present. So far I have been in the clear, NOT today. Apparently I have a large residual cyst on my left ovary. This is not uncommon and for some people it happens after every cycle, but it is just a bummer. What the cyst means is that I have to sit this cycle out. Instead of continuing on with my fertility meds, I will be taking a month of birth control. Apparently the birth control "quiets" the ovaries so they are not overstimulated. This allows your body to have a rest period and can start fresh with the next cycle. It is not the worst thing in the world, but it is frustrating and is kind of a bummer. I have been wanting to get pregnant for two years, and it is a hurry up and wait. PATIENCE is a virtue! I do have to say thank goodness for the nurses at the clinic. They are really supportive and always take the extra time to talk if you need it. I guess on a positive note I will be able to enjoy Emily's bachelorette party.

1 comment:

  1. gosh darn it.. way to stay positive Jackie. You are such a strong girl and it will happen!

    ReplyDelete