Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Apple Orchard

I have been looking forward to taking Paityn to an apple orchard. I have great memories of going with my mom and grandma every year as a child. I love the whole fall atmosphere, picking apples, pumpkins, etc. Brian, Paityn, and I, along with our friends Scott and Julie and their girls, went to Apple Jack's Orchard in Delano last Saturday. I had the cutest little outfit on Paityn and was all ready to take some great pictures, but the weather got in the way. Don't get me wrong, I loved that it was hot out, but it didn't work with my outfit. My mom got Paityn a onesie that says "daddy is under my spell" with a little black tutu and orange and black pant with stripes. Only about a half hour into the outing the pants and headband were off and she was just wearing her onesie and sweating that! Oh well, we had a good time and maybe in a few weeks we can try again to get good pictures. Here are a few that we got:


Paityn's pants that we had to take off

Her first pumpkin


Won't be long before she can eat the carmel apple - mom had it instead :)






Scott and Julie's daughter Isabelle
    Paityn has been growing like a weed. She has already outgrown over half of her 3 month pajamas. She is not even 3 months old yet! She doesn't seem to be that long, but she must be because the pajamas are stretched to the limit. I had to crack out the 6 month pajamas to get washed! The other night when we had a bath I noticed that her toe looked weird. Upon closer inspection Brian and I found that a hair (probably mine) somehow got wrapped around her little toe and actually cut into the skin. With a tweezers we were able to get it loose and off, but her toe did take a few days to heal. Brian looked it up online and it is rare, but does happen. I felt horrible - poor little girl :(

  I heard some wonderful news today that a friend of mine who I have previously blogged about here got word that she is now in remission! I am so happy for her and her family. She fought quite the battle and did with grace and elegance. I am glad she can move past her cancer and start working on a family that she so desperately wants. Her and her husband are such a loving couple and will make the most wonderful parents!

  Through facebook today I can across another blog of someone who dealt with infertility. I don't know her personally, but her blog was very interesting and quite touching. If  anyone is interested  the link is here.

  I was rocking Paityn today and started to cry. I just don't know how we got so lucky to have this beautiful little girl. God has really blessed us! She is Brian and my world and I just couldn't imagine not having the opportunity to be her mom. It really is the most wonderful thing!

 

 


1 comment:

  1. It was fun to read your blog and see pictures of beautiful Paityn! You look like you're having so much fun being a mama! Thank you for your honesty about breastfeeding and the baby blues. More people need to speak out about the struggles of motherhood. I so respect your courage in doing just that. Also, thanks so much for sharing a link to my blog! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete